Friday 4 July 2014

1 more sleep!

In just 1 sleep (yes I still count in sleeps!), Le Tour De France will arrive in Yorkshire and I for one, could not be more excited! 

Le Tour De France is the largest annual sporting event in the world and every year it's opening stages are ridden in a different country and this year 'Le Grand Depart' is coming to Yorkshire.

Since London 2012, I've become a bit of a fan of cycling and so when it was announced that the tour was coming to my home town, I just knew I needed to be involved and so almost two years ago, I signed up to volunteer at the event (but I'll tell you all about that next time!)

I don't think anyone expected that Yorkshire (and the whole UK) would get behind the tour like it has done and it really has gone quite crazy and I for one love it!

From knitted jersey bunting (which I gave a go myself) to painted yellow bikes everywhere to all sorts of other brilliant displays, the streets, homes and businesses of the county have embraced this wonderful event, like nothing I've ever seen before.

Here are some of the amazing things that I have managed to capture in the run up to tomorrow's big day.

All sorts of jersey bunting - especially loving the knitted variety!







From something more long lasting in Ripley...


 ...to something very seasonal.



Knaresborough weren't to be outdone when it passes through on the second stage, with all the school children making their own brilliant jerseys.



             



 With various window displays as well.

               

                                      

 Next were some fantastic interpretations of the red and white spotted jersey!



With a knitted bike cover from Baa Ram Ewe (with a little section done by yours truly)


There was something new made out of something very old in the centre of Harrogate,



Not far away from these delicious treats at Betty's, (which I've gobbled down two of in the past week!)


Closer to home, we spotted this cute addition,


 Not to be outdone by Mummy Warbs' adorable green fingered beauty, 



And my slightly stubbier nails.


And even 1 Direction couldn't stay away!

                                     

Last but definitely not least is a pub that is on the way into Harrogate town centre and I think this has to be my favourite display of all.

Mark Cavendish is a British cyclist who will be taking part in the tour. Harrogate is his mum's home town and so Cav has made it clear that he would love to win the first stage here tomorrow and get to wear the famous Yellow jersey. Well, Harrogate has heard this and fully got behind him, so much so that The Coach and Horses pub has renamed itself 'Cvndsh and Horses'! 



I got so excited when I first saw it the other day, that I actually screamed, at a pub sign! What can I say, I'm a big fan! So the other night, me and the family pottered down to see what was going on it town and for me to get some more snaps of the now famous site (the man himself has even tweeted about it!)


Safe to say if Cav does manage it tomorrow, there is going to be one very happy town cheering him on at the finish line!
Pin It Now!